[RC5] Stats suggestion

Shepard, Brett Brett_Shepard at Conseco.com
Fri Jan 5 16:38:39 EST 2001

> On Fri, 5 Jan 2001, Dan Petrak wrote:
>

> No, the problem is that we need to compute an initial value
> for everyone
> who is currently a participant - this needs a lot of CPU
> time. If this is
> not done, then everyone starts off at 0 as if they hadn't
> been working for
> the past 3 years.

Why not just take today's Overall Rate as the initial value.  It could be
shown with the caveat that until X number of days have passed, this isn't
truly accurate, but it would probably give a close enough approximation
until the half-life has passed.

*---------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------*
It is a maxim worthy of all acceptation that a man may have that allowance
he takes.
-- Emerson
Brett Shepard
IT Automation