[RC5] Stats suggestion

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Fri Jan 5 21:25:33 EST 2001

> I wouldn't want to rank by a weighted average.  That would drive people who
> like to check their stats position nuts when they've jumped up in the ranks
> based on work X days ago falling out of the average.

With expavgs, work doesn't "fall out" of the end of the average. The work
I do today will (given infinite precision) be considered in the average
for ever and ever and ever, with gradually diminishing weight.

--
http://www.hawaga.org.uk/travel/ for my rotating world map applet
http://www.hawaga.org.uk/benc_key.txt PGP / GPG key 0x30F06950 - please use it!

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net