[RC5] Stats suggestion

Ryan Malayter rmalayter at bai.org
Fri Jan 5 15:14:52 EST 2001

I just pumped my OGR history into an excel spreadsheet & graph, and I must
say that a 14-day half-life looks most meaningful on the graph. I have 150
machines on my account, but my "Gnodes/day" values  are still all over the
place, unlike my RC5 stats, which are fairly constant.

In any case, the 7-day exponential average is way too spiky, and the 30-day
is basically a straight line, but 10 seems to be a good compromise.

The formula I used for the 10-day average was:
=POWER(0.5,(1/10))*(Yesterday's avg) +
  (1-POWER(0.5,(1/10)))*(Today's value)

	-ryan-