[RC5] Stats suggestion

Jack Beglinger jackb_guppy at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 6 01:07:53 EST 2001

> > With expavgs, work doesn't "fall out" of the end of the
> > average. The work
> > I do today will (given infinite precision) be considered in
> > the average
> > for ever and ever and ever, with gradually diminishing weight.
>
> True but the one problem with this whole thing is that the expavg would
> continue to fall after any slowdown in work has ended.  That would upset
> people.

So - then we should also not lower them in thier numeric position?  :-)

With this idea that once people stop suppling blocks you stop calculating...
Then it would be best to only drop large number of every few days... Keeps
my average high because you will subject me to the calculation when I post
blocks.  If you rank them by the average then you can be number one for a
long time by hoaring and dumping.

jackb