[RC5] porting the dnetc client to DEC VAX/VMS 5.5-2 or DEC VAX/OpenVMS 7.2

Alex Bihlmaier alexb at kallisti.de
Sat Jan 6 22:04:55 EST 2001

On Sat, Jan 06, 2001 at 10:41:46AM -0500, chicks at chicks.net wrote:

> > I did the second release of the Dnet client for VMS. It was alpha only
> > mainly because that's what I had convenient. I'm not sure you'd get
> > that much in the way of keyrate out of a VAX--they're rather old as
> > CPUs go and just not all that fast, relatively speaking.
>
> Yes, but the geek factor in running RC5 on your vax (preferably in the
> garage) is just quite vast.  :-)

well, there are a huge amount of VAX-computers running VMS here.
On one VAXstation 3100 I installed OpenBSD last night, but on all
the other is the (great and impressive) VMS running.

Seems cool to port a client for it.

thal"10k$ energy bill/year is the aim :-"unil
--
good.fast.cheap (pick any two, you can't have all three.)
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net