[RC5] Another request

Blain Nelson blainn13 at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 8 12:35:04 EST 2001

Niels Teglsbo wrote:

> It's probably possible to make an average function in Excel, using some
> scripting, that will take care of the missing days.

What scripting?  Excel can think in dates, versus just counting the
number of entries (at least Quatro Pro can, and I'm sure the spreadsheet
of the anti-Christ would be able to do such a simple thing) so you can
have it just measure the days from the first (or first applicable) to
current date (or target date) and divide the total blocks by that time.

> Another solution would be to write some Perl script or whatever that
> would insert the missing days with zeros.

No need for zeroes either.  Just use date-based calculation.  *nix time
works just fine.

Take care,
Blain

--