[RC5] Losing lot of time with a computer crash

waldo kitty wkitty42 at alltel.net
Tue Jan 9 14:12:54 EST 2001

looks like you might want to inplement the checkpoint file(s)... my
dnetc.ini file(s) have checkpoint-filename=<path to dnetc>\ckpoint in
them for just this purpose... there's a time setting for them also...
all of my machines are currently set for 5 minutes before they save the
current position in the check point file...

Jeroen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm running the dnetc with OGR.
> But sometimes my windows crashes.
> When I reboot, the dnetc program will start with a new stub.
> So the stub it was working on while my computer crashes is lost.
> The system crash is not an error of dnetc, it's because i do something windows doesn't like.
> But isn't it posible to make a failsafe function or something.
> Now there are 2 files, buff-in.ogr and buff-out.ogr
> Why doesn't save the client his state in a working.ogr or something?
>
> Regards,
>   Jeroen

        _\/
       (@@)                          Waldo Kitty, Waldo's Place USA