[RC5] Hiding the client

Arne Heizmann ajh65 at hermes.cam.ac.uk
Wed Jan 10 09:45:28 EST 2001

Hi,

I have a question: If I hide the client (-quiet or -hide option), why is
there no command line option that shows it? Why do I have to shut it down
and then restart it to see the window? Sometimes I would just like to look
at the keyrate after I have heavily used the computer or something.
Currently I have to remember to have it running visibly while I use the
computer in order to be able to see the keyrate afterwards.

Also, I have just downloaded the new version of the Win32 client. How come
the progress bar for OGR has disappeared? I know the percentage didn't
accurately show the percentage of time it would require for the stub, but
at least it gave an indication of how far it has got. Now all it shows is
how many Mnodes it has done and how fast it is, not how many more it has
to go.

Maybe it would also be nice to have a key shortcut (or a menu command in
the case of Windows) that easily and quickly changes over to the other
project. Currently I have to modify the ini file (or use the configuration
menu) and restart the client to do that.

Arne

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net