[RC5] Hiding the client

Bjoern Martin boris59 at gmx.net
Wed Jan 10 11:32:03 EST 2001

> Hi,
>
> I have a question: If I hide the client (-quiet or -hide
> option), why is there no command line option that shows
> it? Why do I have to shut it down and then restart it to
> see the window? Sometimes I would just like to look at
> the keyrate after I have heavily used the computer or
> something. Currently I have to remember to have it
> running visibly while I use the computer in order to be
> able to see the keyrate afterwards.
The same occurs when running as a service under NT4/5
together with the -quiet option. I run it as a service so
it runs even if I'm not logged in.
I deal with that problem by logging with a 100k fifo file.
Then I wrote a batch file typing that logfile, linked on
my desktop. This way I can check the client's work.

cu,

Bjoern (Team #6941)

-
PGP fingerprint: 6CAA E676 94B7 4A9B 05D0 8AB4 0153 F38C B8D9
2D1D
PGP encrypted mail welcome, public key (Diffie-Hellman) on
request
-

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net