[RC5] Stats suggestion

Kelly Byrd kbyrd at rotor.net
Wed Jan 10 09:19:40 EST 2001

-----Original Message-----
[snip]

EWM is a very useful tool, and I think it might be a neat stat to have,
but the downside is that a ton of our users will have no clue what the
hell it means,

[snip]
A sliding window average (and sum, for that matter) is very easy to
explain on the other hand.

[snip]

You can make a EWM provide similar results to a x-day moving average. I
posted an email to this list with that information. If anyone is interested,
I'll dig it up an send it again.

KB

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net