[RC5] Stats suggestion

bwilson at fers.com bwilson at fers.com
Mon Jan 8 09:32:14 EST 2001

Because work units are stored as numeric(20, 0), which requires 10 bytes.
This is to accomodate the huge nodecounts of OGR, through approximately
OGR-31.  The chosen half-life would have a practical maximum of the total
life of distributed.net in days, which could be stored in an int (4
bytes).

__
Bruce Wilson, Manager, FERS Business Services
bwilson at fers.com, 312.245.1750, http://www.fers.com/
PGP KeyID: 5430B995, http://www.lasthome.net/~bwilson/
"A good programmer is someone who looks
both ways before crossing a one-way street."

Ben Clifford <benc at hawaga.org.uk>
Sent by: owner-rc5 at lists.distributed.net
2001-01-06 19:09
Please respond to rc5