[RC5] Wierd problem with win32 Client.

John R T Brazier prunesquallor at proproco.co.uk
Mon Jan 8 21:30:55 EST 2001

Hi,

I'm seeing something similar on one machine (running
V2.8007-458-CTR-00021306 on Win98 SE, Windows 4.10). Until a week ago it ran
fine, sharing buffer files over the LAN with several other machines, with
its own executable, INI and checkpoint files also remote on the server. I
start it up via a shortcut, as under certain conditions I don't want dnet
starting on a boot.

An unknown (!) event happened a week ago on the machine, in that its
dial-out capabilities were fouled up. Since then, despite doth a dnet and
Windows 98 rebuild, this machine refuses to start up dnet, even though an
identical shortcut with the '- config' switch added starts up the
configuration perfectly. Weird. I'm now about to see if it'll work locally.

All the best,

Prune