[RC5] Stats suggestion

bwilson at fers.com bwilson at fers.com
Mon Jan 8 10:33:20 EST 2001

Hmm... good point.  Sneakernet does cause something similar to a megaflush
as far as stats are concerned.  What if this theoretical plan would take
into account people with a regular schedule?  I.E. If you flush every
Friday, then you're not penalized?

On the other hand, it's probably not worrying too much about.  It sounds
like a very politically sensitive issue, so I doubt we could get
consensus, even among those of us working on stats, let alone the world of
participants.  I have higher hopes for the Expavg approach, since the
implementation seems clean, and the technical barriers are minimal.
__
Bruce Wilson, Manager, FERS Business Services
bwilson at fers.com, 312.245.1750, http://www.fers.com/
PGP KeyID: 5430B995, http://www.lasthome.net/~bwilson/
"A good programmer is someone who looks
both ways before crossing a one-way street."

Morris Michael <mmichael at TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
Sent by: owner-rc5 at lists.distributed.net
2001-01-08 06:43
Please respond to rc5