[RC5] another bug in the new clients??

Aaron Nielsen aaronni at phoenixdsl.com
Fri Jan 12 11:20:13 EST 2001

It appears, at least to me, that when new blocks are received from proxy the
client saves the "stat unit" it is currently working on and then after the
retrieval the "stat unit" is loaded again. I would suspect the older clients
were not reporting this function but still performed it. Notice the time stamp
and # of keys done when "stat unit" is saved.

I would guess this is client version 465 and before 463b was used.

Look at the change.log

<Snip>
2.8011.464
        chg: minor adjustments to Loaded/Saved/Completed/Summary message
        for project independance (format doesn't have to be processed
        differently for different projects). Inexact percentages
        (ie, for OGR) are no longer displayed at load/save time.
<Snip>

It would be interesting to see what blocks ("stat units") you proxy sent to and
received from this client.

Well I could be wrong, but that is my 2 cents worth.

Aaron Nielsen