[RC5] Losing lot of time with a computer crash

Andreas Beckmann andreas.beckmann at student.uni-halle.de
Sun Jan 14 02:16:41 EST 2001

-----Original Message-----
From: waldo kitty <wkitty42 at alltel.net>
To: rc5 at lists.distributed.net <rc5 at lists.distributed.net>
Date: Sunday, January 14, 2001 12:26 AM
Subject: Re: [RC5] Losing lot of time with a computer crash

>> Since it only writes the checkpoint every 15 minutes, it's a very small
>without digging thru the docs, one has to wonder where this 15 minute
>figure comes from... my systems are configured to write a checkpoint
>file every five minutes... is this the default you're quoting?

The default is hard coded and no longer configurable.

>From some old message from March 2000:
... changed behavior to checkpoint when _either_ of these conditions are true:
  a) (10 minutes since last checkpoint)
  b) (30 seconds since last checkpoint) AND (summed completion % change >= 10%)

Percentage changed is not applicable for ogr.

Andreas
--
CPU time is a terrible thing to waste!
Join the world's fastest computer - http://www.distributed.net - Team #11292