[RC5] Stats suggestion

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Sun Jan 14 11:20:20 EST 2001

On Sat, 13 Jan 2001, Arne Heizmann wrote:
> > Basic rule - do not calculate on days no blocks are recieved.
> >   Same as current average.  Your last average reminds forever.
>
> If you do that, your "average" will show about twice your true rate if you
> only flush every two days.
>
> If you stop flushing, the average is supposed to drop.

When the person does flush, you should then take into account all the days
in between that they submitted 0 blocks - that can be done quite easily,
by multiplying the old average by a function of the number of days since
last submitted.

But I agree with you that it should be recomputed every day, so that
people who stop submitting drop down.

--
http://www.hawaga.org.uk/travel/ for my rotating world map applet
http://www.hawaga.org.uk/benc_key.txt PGP / GPG key 0x30F06950 - please use it!