[RC5] Stats suggestion

Jack Beglinger jackb_guppy at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 14 11:47:25 EST 2001

> > > If you do that, your "average" will show about twice your true rate if you
> > > only flush every two days.
> > Nope - try the process.
>
> In your calculation you're still taking the zeros into account. This would
> mean that if you don't flush for half a year, your average will stay the
> same (because you're not changing it), but if you flush again after that
> long pause, it will drop drastically even if you submit more blocks than
> you ever did in a flush.

Yup, just like the current long term average the DNET uses today.  So no
"net" change.

I personally like to that is calculated daily,  but that seams to be a problem.
So this was setup to handle that problem.  If higher mucky-mucky allow for
the longer term average to drop - then do it daily - the base routine works
both way.

jackb