[RC5] ATARI ST?

Gerald Richter darklord at neonshadow.net
Sun Jan 14 15:42:06 EST 2001

Heh. Actually, i've got dnetc running on a mac IIsi (68030 cpu, i
believe), and it turns over right about a block every day. Considering
the lifetime of the dnetc blocks (as I recall from my reading of the
docs two years ago), the Atari ST's cpu should be able to contribute
within the parameters, albeit on slow side. It's not gonna win any speed
award, but every cycle counts.... As to network connectivity... PPP or
SLIP link with a linux box should be adquite... :) I _presume_ that
Atari ST's are fitted with serial ports...

Heh. A compute cluster - a stack of Atari STs linked to a linux box with
a multi-port serial card... :)

Just my $1.00 worth...

-Gerald