[RC5]Performance

Andreas D. Landmark andreas.landmark at noxtension.com
Wed Jan 31 20:46:01 EST 2001

At 31.01.2001 16:18, you wrote:
>On Wed, 31 Jan 2001, Basil A. Daoust wrote:
>
> > We currently have reporting by country right?  Why not some more options?
>This seems to be a good idea, but only at the first look, because with
>every extraoption for the stats the database downtime each night would be
>bigger.
>

>                         CU Georg

The addition to the db he suggested would be a rather static variable, ie.
it should
increase time spent on crunching the stats, it would only increase the size
and the
work required to take backups of the dbs...

IMO the "downtime" (it's not really down) wouldn't increase much by adding
another
column to the stats db....

--
andreas landmark