[RC5] Re: [plans] distributed.net .plan update

Peter Cordes peter at llama.nslug.ns.ca
Tue Jul 10 13:03:03 EDT 2001

On Mon, Jul 09, 2001 at 07:53:35PM -0400, plans at nodezero.distributed.net wrote:
> nugget :: 09-Jul-2001 00:15 (Monday) ::
>   http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=01/07/08/2153206 for details
> In the more general sense, not commenting at all on the specifics of this
> case, it is never a good idea to run the distributed.net client software
> on computers you don't own or administrate.

 I think the difference between this case and others is that this guy
was the "configurator" of the systems, which I interpret as system
manager or administrator.  _He_ probably was the person whose job it
was to decide what got installed on the computers.

 This discussion is probably happening on /., so we should go there to
discuss it.  I just replied to this list because I wanted to reply to
what nugget posted in his .plan, rather than to the subject in general.

--
#define X(x,y) x##y

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net