[RC5] OGR info

Mike Henry dnetc at mrtickle.demon.co.uk
Fri Jul 13 01:21:42 EDT 2001

On Thu, 12 Jul 2001 08:23:17 -0700 (PDT), Michael Pelletier wrote:

>What's the shortest non-optimal ruler we've found so far?  Do we know
>who found it?  That might be an interesting trivia tidbit for the
>userbase.  At least with RC5 there's a secret message to be discovered,
>lending to a sense of curiosity about the outcome and a personal stake
>in the process.  Trivia about the OGRs might help cultivate this kind
>of sense towards that project, and attract more clients.

I agree. But what I can't understand is:

a) Why OGR24 is still going after 363 days, almost a year
b) Why so few people are working on it, only 7 people yesterday

Why can't we just decide to blitz it; set all clients to work on it for
the next few weeks and just get it done and out of the way?

OGR24 will soon "celebrate" its first birthday! But only 7 people were
working on it yesterday compared to 4,096 people working on OGR25!

What's going on?

How can I set my client to only work on OGR24 and not OGR25?

Cheers,
Mike
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net