[RC5] OGR info

Richard Farmbrough Richard.Farmbrough at imminus.co.uk
Fri Jul 20 09:42:07 EDT 2001

This question has been raised many times.
OGR24 would take about 2 days to completely re-do at our current speed.
Lack of updates to OGR24/25 progress despite offers to help with the scripts
and/or database have resulted in me moving my effort from OGR almost
entirely back to RC5 (and I am not alone).
Since I consider OGR to be far more "worthwhile" this says something about
the motivational power of feeling involved in a project (and arguably about
me).
Also there seems to be no planning for when the current iterations of
OGR/RC5 are finished - this could be RSN and we will loose massive support
to United Devices/Seti etc. if there are no reasonable, interesting
challenges.

               Rgds,

                          Richard Farmbrough.
--