[RC5] Stats problem (amusing) - affecting user number 5- maybeothers.

David McNett nugget at slacker.com
Fri Jul 20 12:57:15 EDT 2001

On 20-Jul-2001, bwilson at fers.com wrote:
> id=5 seems to have a problem in that it has never submitted any work.
> This participant in particular is a d.net staff person (alde), though
> one who hasn't

This is a byproduct of my usage of the historical RC5-56 stats database
when generating the ID numbers which weren't a component of stats until
RC5-64.  ID numbers have been assigned sequentially based on that
email address's start date.  Because of this, many low ID numbers
actually show no work at all because the RC5-56 data is not online.

On a related note, I just recently (last week, in fact) recovered the
RC5-56 databases from my former employer, hfdirect.com, and we should
be able to bring RC5-56 stats online after the migration to the new
stats server.  Should be interesting, from a historical perspective.

|David McNett          |To ensure privacy and data integrity this message|
|nugget at distributed.net|has been encrypted by using dual rounds of ROT-13|
|Austin, TX USA        |finger nugget at distributed.net for my news and pgp|