[RC5] possible third project...

Ryan Malayter rmalayter at bai.org
Fri Jul 27 12:31:15 EDT 2001

Given to the running time of the General Number Field Sieve, RSA-576
factorization should take about 13 million times the computer resources than
RSA-512 factorization took.

We know what the researches who cracked RSA-512 used... The question is, do
we have enough computer power (comparatively) to make the sieving operation
a feasible project? And will those results even be usable, given that the
back-end, single-computer operation will be many times larger - perhaps too
large for even the biggest supercomputers?

	-ryan-