[RC5] possible third project...

Michael Pelletier mvpel at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 29 11:31:26 EDT 2001

--- Tom Ribbens <webmaster at multi-air.com> wrote:
> Mike Henry wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 27 Jul 2001 21:21:12 -0400, Greg Wooledge wrote:

> > Or we could work on OGR-24 for a few days and finish it next week
> (HINT
> > HINT!)
>
> and _then_ start a new contest...

The only way we'd finish it next week is by handing out one each of the
remaining OGR-24 stubs to each connecting client, and hoping that it
winds up on top of the input buffer and that one of the clients in
question is not a 386.

That brings up another question I had -- is the OGR buffer FIFO or
LIFO?  I've gotten an unscientific impression that it's LIFO, meaning
that buffer update option 2, ensure completed work is kept flushed --
which also fetches another stub to fill out the buffer when the
finished one is flushed -- keeps the remaining stubs buried.

Or is it just my imagination?

-Michael Pelletier.