[RC5] possible third project...

Bruce Wilson bwilson at distributed.net
Sun Jul 29 15:47:51 EDT 2001

The client buffer is pseudo-FIFO.  When the client finishes a work unit,
it selects the next work unit based on the work unit identification
number, regardless of the order it was received.  In selecting the work
unit with the highest (or lowest, I forget which) work unit number, it
attempts to complete the oldest work first.

I know this can have an impact on a recycle, because this was part of
the problem we encountered with CSC.  When we started over at the first
block, the client "preferred" the earlier blocks over the later blocks,
and it took a long time for the last percentages to be returned.  I
don't know if this has been resolved in the OGR projects, or if it has
the impact you describe.  I would hope that OGR-24 would be treated as
"older" than OGR-25 by dnetc, but I'm not the one to ask.

__
Bruce Wilson, Manager, FERS Business Services
bwilson at fers.com, 312.245.1750, http://www.fers.com/

Domain names are like women (or men): The ones you want are
already taken, but you can always get one from a strange country.