[RC5] Bad packet in buff-out.rc5

bwilson at fers.com bwilson at fers.com
Fri Jun 1 11:02:50 EDT 2001

The Bad packet acknowledgement indicates that one of the RC5 work units was not

accepted.  This could have been for a number of reasons, such as a scrambled or

dropped packet, or similar internet noise.  It's nothing to worry about unless

you get it every time.

The rest have been accepted and should be fine.

Incidentally, your buff-in probably contains new work units by now, not the
ones you had already completed.  If you *are* going to extra measures to keep
your unprocessed work units around, you're doing yourself and us a disservice,

by increasing the likelihood of duplicated work.

__
Bruce Wilson, Manager, FERS Business Services
bwilson at fers.com, 312.245.1750, http://www.fers.com/
PGP KeyID: 5430B995, http://www.lasthome.net/~bwilson/

File not found. Make it up as I go along?
         [OK]         [Cancel]

	rc5 at lists.distributed.net

	06/01/2001 11:21