[RC5] What if RC5-64 is done

Andreas D. Landmark andreas.landmark at noxtension.com
Sun Jun 3 12:04:38 EDT 2001

At 03.06.2001 01:40, you wrote:
>Hey, I'm no spy or spook, but I seriously doubt any "intelligence agency"
>would spend a full year to crack any one message. Secrets don't stay secret
>for that long. My guess would be that if the NSA / CIA / KGB / Mossad etc...
>can't crack it in 30 days, they won't spend the time. Too many other ways to
>get information in less time. Cost really isn't the issue, just time.
>
>Jon "too many spy novels" B

The most effective way, which FBI is alleged to have employed is to use
electromagnetic tools to actually read the text of the receivers monitor
(that's why the NAI/PGP package has it's own textviewer with low contrasts
to make it harder to read it by looking at magnetic radiation).

So move your monitors away from your windows people and coat your house
in a thick led coating... just to be on the safe side =)

--
Andreas D Landmark / noXtension
Real Time, adj.:

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net