[RC5] Letting the World Plug Into Your PC, for a Profit

Andreas D. Landmark andreas.landmark at noxtension.com
Sun Jun 3 13:29:22 EDT 2001

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/06/03/technology/03HARN.html

[..]
The originator of this type of distributed computing, the Search for
Extraterrestrial
Intelligence, based in Berkeley, Calif., began corralling members in May
1999, strictly for its cause.
The combined power, which far surpasses that of the largest supercomputer,
is used to decode
feedback from waves sent to outer space in hopes of finding alien life.
[..]

my comment: hmm... strangely I've been working on d.net since way before
1999, I guess it's
all an illusion...

--
Andreas D Landmark / noXtension