[RC5] TTL

Andreas D. Landmark andreas.landmark at noxtension.com
Tue Jun 5 00:34:43 EDT 2001

At 04.06.2001 14:12, you wrote:
>Just a general Networking question.  How do you pronounce Time to Live.
>
>is it Live as in "I live in South Africa" or is it Live as in
>"There are live animals in the zoo"

as in I live in South Africa, this shouldn't be too hard to figure out yourself
though, just think about what TTL represents, after the TTL has been exceeded
be it time or hops, the packet/thingy-in-question "dies"/disappears.... eg.
it's
alive when it's not in a state of "dead" ;-).
(unless it's a schrödinger packet, and can exist in both states at the same
time,
did anybody say packet-from-hell?)

--
Andreas D Landmark / noXtension