[RC5] Minor format problem with Greg's posts to rc5@lists.distributed.net

Peter Cordes peter at llama.nslug.ns.ca
Thu Jun 7 21:21:28 EDT 2001

On Thu, Jun 07, 2001 at 11:57:28AM +1000, Matthew wrote:
> > > There is a minor problem with your posts to rc5 at lists.distributed.net.
> I'm
> > > not sure whether the problem is at my end or yours, but your messages
> always
> > > arrive with the message body as a .TXT attachment.
> >
> > That's because my messages are PGP-signed.
> >
> > > Does anyone else have this problem? I am running
> > > OE 5.5.
> >
> > Other Windows users have reported this problem before.  It seems that
> > some mail programs don't display the first part of a multi-part MIME
> > message even though it's plain text.
> >
> > I'll send this one unsigned just so you can see the difference. :)
>
> Thanks to Greg and everyone else who replied. Microsoft strikes again! I
> quick look in the M$ KB did not reveal any fix, so I guess I'll have to
> continue to do that extra step (opening the attachment) in order to read
> Greg's pearls of wisdom.

 If you've got some spare time <grin>, you could invest it in learning to
use a different email client.  I use mutt on Unix, and I don't have a
recommendation for a windoze one.  Also, I don't think rc5 at lists.d.n is the
best place for a discussion of the relative merits of email clients, so I'll
shut up now and hope nobody replies to this :)

--
#define X(x,y) x##y

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net