[RC5] New Dnetc Versions (8015)

stvernaillen at ge.cokecce.com stvernaillen at ge.cokecce.com
Fri Jun 8 16:16:42 EDT 2001

Nuno,

all is well here.

Did you download the right version.
only the X86/Zipped one for windows seems updated.The X86/Installer still
points to the old version. Check the date.

Stan

Nuno Carvalho <nuno.carvalho at ca.efacec.pt> on 08/06/2001 10:31:06

Please respond to rc5 at lists.distributed.net

To:   rc5 at lists.distributed.net
cc:    (bcc: Stan Vernaillen/BE/CCE)
Subject:  [RC5] New Dnetc Versions (8015)

Recently I see on d.net official pages the new RC5 client 8015.
I needed the DOS client so I take the chance to try the new version in just
one machine, (think on the problems with the 8012 clients).
In the first one or two days, it seems to run OK, it even have a bigger
rate. From 90KKeys to 91 (I'm talking of a 486 DX4 100MHz, with only one
FDD
drive. Dnetc runs from diskette). If the rate grows 1KKeys per second in
this old computer, in a new PC it would be much better.

*) After config the .ini file, i started d'a client i see no dnetc 8015
info, but 8011. Does anyone get this information in other (should be) 8015
versions????

*) Much weird is...
... Yesterday i decide to turn the monitor of the 486 ON, to see how the
dnetc work is going!!! When first characters flash, i get chocked...
The Average Keyrate is not 90 KKeys but 20 KKeys. Admired, I look in the
log
file: It says there that a block of 8*2^28 have been cracked in more than 2
days!!!!! I no this is impossible...In earlier version the run for 4 and
half hours...

Does anyone is having problems with the new releases??????

PS: Sorry for my Ingelishe (english)

Nuno Carvalho

Portugal is moooooooooooooooooooooooooooing too

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net