[RC5] Uptime and/or CPU time records?

Fruitloops fruitloops70_prn at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 8 19:47:18 EDT 2001

Agreed, most security issues are application-related.

And if you configure most of your kernel to load from modules, most times
you can unload the offending module, and reload the new version without a
reboot.

> This also has to do with the fact that the kernel does NOT open
> ports to the internet n stuff.

Ahem!  2.4.x has a kernel-based httpd process.  That's a web server, in the
kernel!

Fruitloops

PS - Don't ask me why it's there.  Ask Linus and Alan Cox.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net