[RC5] MacOS X - Hard disk sleep

Ludovic Ferrandis lferrandis at mac.com
Mon Jun 11 11:45:17 EDT 2001

Hi,

I have installed dnet on a Powerbook with MacOS X and configured the
hard disk to go to sleep after 5 min. This works well, unless if dnet
is running.

I saw in the config the option -nodisk, but the doc says that we need
a permanent connection otherwise "This option will cause all buffered,
unflushable work to be lost by a client shutdown".

I don't want to let the HD running 24/24 H.

One solution is to run dnet in a Ramdisk with MacOS 9, but I would
prefer to let it run on MacOS X.

Any idea ?

Thanks,

Ludovic