[RC5] RE: [plans] distributed.net .plan update

bwilson at fers.com bwilson at fers.com
Mon Jun 11 11:18:52 EDT 2001

We have considered raw partitions, as well as newer versions of Linux or
extensions which would permit files larger than 2GB.  Another layer of that
problem is that Linux limits us to 16 filesystems.  On balance, FreeBSD (and
the added security and stability) seem to be our best choice.  We haven't made

the decision final, but if our testing confirms our expectations, we'll
probably continue with FreeBSD.
__
Bruce Wilson, Manager, FERS Business Services
bwilson at fers.com, 312.245.1750, http://www.fers.com/
PGP KeyID: 5430B995, http://www.lasthome.net/~bwilson/

File not found. Make it up as I go along?
         [OK]         [Cancel]

	rc5 at lists.distributed.net

	06/11/2001 12:25