[RC5] RE: [plans] distributed.net .plan update

Jim C. Nasby jim at nasby.net
Mon Jun 11 12:26:25 EDT 2001

Actually, Sybase 11.0.3 has a 2G limit on database devices. We were going
to use raw devices since they're a lot faster than ext2fs, but due to
linux's 16 partition limit per device, we would need to rebuild the box.
We decided we might as well go to FreeBSD at the same time, now that we've
gained some experience and comfort running Sybase on FBSD.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net