[RC5] RE: [plans] distributed.net .plan update

glassman1 at neonshadow.net glassman1 at neonshadow.net
Tue Jun 12 05:12:08 EDT 2001

Actually it depends on the FS, OS, and apps.... OS/2 can address a 2TB
volume and file in it's JFS, linux has the ability to construct truely
massive drives using the software raid... I haven't hit a file size limit
yet, of course i've never touched a database bigger then a couple hundred
megs... I did have to build some truely massive tmp files once so that I
could get an antiquated program to install... it wouldn't install because
drive had a negative amount of space by it's figures (8GB drive, FAT32)...
ended up making a trio of 2GB files to decrease the amount of space to a
level the installer could comprehend...