[RC5] RE: [plans] distributed.net .plan update

bwilson at fers.com bwilson at fers.com
Wed Jun 13 01:21:28 EDT 2001

Thanks for the supportive comments.

Part of our motivation for FreeBSD is consistency with other distributed.net
systems, and our own familiarity.  We're familiar with Linux too, but not
pleased with it.  :-)

By extension of your comment, we expect to make the server more secure by
making the administration consistent with others.  The less patches we have to

monitor, the better.
__
Bruce Wilson, Manager, FERS Business Services
bwilson at fers.com, 312.245.1750, http://www.fers.com/
PGP KeyID: 5430B995, http://www.lasthome.net/~bwilson/

File not found. Make it up as I go along?
         [OK]         [Cancel]

	rc5 at lists.distributed.net

	06/12/2001 03:37