[RC5] Dual AMD

Jonathan Smith jsmith at cygnacom.com
Fri Jun 15 15:59:34 EDT 2001

I saw a blurb a day ago, that Tyan is going to bring out a version of there
Thunder K7 board without the onboard SCSI controller for about $300.  Sorry
I don't remember where I saw it.  Also it shouldn't be too long before other
motherboard manufacturers start producing dual Athlon boards, which should
be much cheaper than Tyan's all in one, 1U rack optimized Thunder.  (It has
onboard dual 3com ethernet, ati rage XL, and Adaptec dual channel Ultra160
SCSI controller;  no wonder it costs $500)

	- Jonathan Smith