[RC5] Wow

bwilson at fers.com bwilson at fers.com
Fri Jun 15 20:36:47 EDT 2001

OGR is not in test mode and has not been in test mode in over 6 months.

The duplication of work in OGR is necessary for the results to be
scientifically relevant.  The nature of the OGR results is that some blocks
take several orders of magnitude longer than others.  There is no way to look
at a result and verify that it was "done right" and was not maliciously or
accidentally reported incorreclty.  The only way to confirm the accuracy of any

particular submitted work unit is to have two independent systems test the same

work, and accept it as valid if they both match to the penny.

Of course, you are welcome to work on RC5-64 exclusively if you prefer.  Lots
of participants have a preference for one project over the other.  We won't
feel bad if you don't like OGR, whatever your reasons.  I just want to be clear

that work submitted for OGR isn't being thrown away or wasted.
__
Bruce Wilson, Manager, FERS Business Services
bwilson at fers.com, 312.245.1750, http://www.fers.com/
PGP KeyID: 5430B995, http://www.lasthome.net/~bwilson/

File not found. Make it up as I go along?
         [OK]         [Cancel]

	rc5 at lists.distributed.net

	06/15/2001 10:33