[RC5] TVA workers reprimanded for alien search

Enojon enojon at ATTGLOBAL.NET
Tue Jun 19 13:57:03 EDT 2001

Most admin's probably were not as concerned, until the spammers got the
email listing.
It means more load on the mail servers from "incoming" mail that ought not
be, especially
if the TVA workers used there government email box as the account code.

Most look the other way at screen savers and so forth, but the next versions
of Win2K
should allow greater control over legit software on the networks.  I've
heard rumors that
it will allow administrative control of what actually will and will not
install onto the desktop
clients connected to a network.  And, at the desktop level, the installation
can set restrictions
on the software that is allowed on the computer.

It's all about control....    No more trojan e-greetings; no more trojan
Word scripts; no more
"DO NOT OPEN; DELETE IT IMMEDIATELY!,"  but I just ran it one time,
excuses!!

Mental note:  check desktop at work.