[RC5] TVA workers reprimanded for alien search

bwilson at fers.com bwilson at fers.com
Wed Jun 20 12:29:19 EDT 2001

I'll respond to this one...

Yes, we have assisted with investigations of unauthorized installations.  This

includes trojan-installed versions, but also employees who were installing the

application against their employers wishes.  We don't know the consequences
taken against these people, apart from what we did to their stats, but in some

cases we suspect it cost some people their job.

Our policy is unambiguous:  If you don't own the computer, you must have the
permission of the person who does to use dnetc.  Abuses of this policy are not

tolerated.  See http://www.distributed.net/legal/policy.html for the full
policy.  In addition to losing your own stats, abuse by a team member can
disqualify all members of that team.

We appreciate enthusiastic participants, but we will not be a party to illegal

or unethical behavior.

/me=bwilson at distributed.net
__
Bruce Wilson, Manager, FERS Business Services
bwilson at fers.com, 312.245.1750, http://www.fers.com/
PGP KeyID: 5430B995, http://www.lasthome.net/~bwilson/

File not found. Make it up as I go along?
         [OK]         [Cancel]

	rc5 at lists.distributed.net

	06/19/2001 14:15