[RC5] Dnet vs Seti

Mike Faunce mike at faunce.com
Wed Jun 20 18:48:47 EDT 2001

Regarding "they actually run the client only when they are not using their
computers" is only true if they are running the screensaver only.  The
recent version of SETI at Home can run at idle priority just like dnetc does.

But, that said, while S at H has had almost 3 million people try the software,
I don't know how many more users on a day to day basis than d.net does.

Mike
-----
Mike Faunce
mike at faunce dot com