[RC5] TVA workers reprimanded for alien search

tomdv at datatx.com tomdv at datatx.com
Fri Jun 22 12:36:32 EDT 2001

Dear dnet-fellows,
if people are clearly informed that you should only run dnet or SETI on
their OWN computers and they use other than their OWN computers, they are
liable to suffer the consequences. They can blame theirselves only.
On the other hand, I think it is safe to say that most companies will NOT
drive people out because they installed this or that software on company
computers. The best to do still, is to advise the admin about it.
But I do have the experience that, whenever new software is installed on
one of my computers by a colleague, he/she asks me about the little cow in
the systray. They are liable to disable it when installing new software
but has NEVER affected any installation. That has to be said as well.
So, in all, it has more to do with 'alien' software rather than the search
for aliens itself...
Tom