[RC5] P4 Speed Question

EnoJon enojon at ATTGLOBAL.NET
Sun Jun 24 14:38:05 EDT 2001

I've yet to see any freeware that can compare to software brewed in
commercial
environment, especially when developed by enterprise-hired programmers to
meet an enterprises' needs.

Off-the-shelf software, and even freeware, have this nature of being
bloatware
or geekware.  If someone passed Operating Systems 101 doesn't
mean they're qualified to write a system that will address
commercial/government/
scientific needs.

Most freeware source resembles the state of mainframe code from the
1950's and 60's--
poorly documented, poorly written and sometimes resource
glutton--lacking clear
design, multiple designers, attempts to please 'all' [highly portable],
or convoluted
kludges  using language features "because its there."

Don't get me started on LVM...