[RC5] How do you merge buff-in files?

Pete PC.user.MastarPete at att.net
Tue Jun 26 22:23:30 EDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: <TitanOfOld81 at aol.com>
To: <rc5 at lists.distributed.net>
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2001 2:30 PM
Subject: [RC5] How do you merge buff-in files?

> I remember reading about it, now I actually need to do it, and I can't remember.  Will somebody help?
>

> Thanks!

create a shortcut the distributed client, and add the command line    -import xxxx
where xxxx is the name of the buffer (in or out) that you want to merge....

example...   ..\Distributed.net\dnetc.exe -import buff-out.rc5

it doesn't matter if the client is already running...........cause it'll recognize the altered buffer when it completes another packet.....
if you want, you can tell the client to restart, and when it starts again it'll show the increased buffer  etc....

for a more complete list of commands  type    -help     in the shortcut command line
..\Distributed.net\dnetc.exe -help

hope this helps...
Pete

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net