[RC5] P4 Speed Question

Fruitloops fruitloops70_prn at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 27 00:57:53 EDT 2001

> At 01:38 PM 6/24/2001, you wrote:
> I've yet to see any freeware that can compare to software brewed
> in commercial environment, especially when developed by enterprise-
> hired programmers to meet an enterprises' needs.

What do you mean by freeware?  If you mean the dozen thousand million free,
crappy, terrible buggy, and insufferably idiotic stuff you used to find at
electronic bulletin boards more than ten years ago, I agree.

But if you are referring to Apache, Perl, Python, the Linux kernel, all
Linux distributions to date, FreeBSD, OpenBDS, NetBSD, Mozilla, GNOME, KDE,
and all the utilities and solutions they've spawned...

you don't know what you're talking about.

Fruitloops

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net