[RC5] RSA decryption

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Sun Mar 4 18:49:16 EST 2001

On Sun, 4 Mar 2001, richard L. King Jr. wrote:

> they are trying random formulas. there is a difference.
> you write a formula that inputs P, Q, IV, and CT. then
> outputs key. you try it on several examples. if it succeds,
> then you have a general solution for unknown keys.

No, it guarantees that the formula works for those specific examples:

as an example: say you are trying to answer the question: is n an even
number?

I try at random the formula "f(n) = true no matter what n is".

Now I pick some numbers at random:  548  8430  3854  32 5840934
and try out my formula.

Yes, it gets it right 5 times out of 5.

So this formula must be a valid formula to determine if n is an even
number?

--
http://www.hawaga.org.uk/travel/ for my rotating world map applet
http://www.hawaga.org.uk/benc_key.txt PGP / GPG key 0x30F06950 - please use it!