[RC5] RSA decryption

Andreas D. Landmark andreas.landmark at noxtension.com
Sun Mar 4 19:23:48 EST 2001

At 04.03.2001 18:49, Ben Clifford wrote:
> > they are trying random formulas. there is a difference.
> > you write a formula that inputs P, Q, IV, and CT. then
> > outputs key. you try it on several examples. if it succeds,
> > then you have a general solution for unknown keys.
>
>No, it guarantees that the formula works for those specific examples:

"The general solution", doesn't that imply that it works for all cases
unless stated otherwise,
that's what I think he ment anyway...

but that's just my $.02...

However AFAIK the general solution for RC5 isn't simple enough to allow us
to find the
correct key within a few steps, or in fact we haven't got a general
solution, we're trying
to find the correct key by exhaustively testing all possible keys...

--
Andreas D. Landmark / noXtension
PGP ID:0xB2BEAE80 / 4096bits

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net