[RC5] Re: ogr percentage done - WHY impossible?

Arne 'Timwi' Heizmann ajh65 at hermes.cam.ac.uk
Wed Mar 14 20:58:13 EST 2001

Hi,

> Another idea: can't you count the available stubs? Or do they get
> calculated whenever a client requests a one?

I suppose they have calculated the available stubs. The reason they're not
calculating a percentage based on that is because one stub may take a day
while another may take a few minutes on the same computer.

> If they are prepared right now, then another (not perfect)
> approximation would be: number of stubs sent in up to now / number of
> stubs available ...

That would be a very inaccurate approximation, too, because the deviation
from the average time it takes to finish a stub is very large.

Timwi

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net